Saturday, October 8, 2011

Nifty Fifty

Well I've finally decided it is time to sell my nifty fifty. It was my first "real" lens (fixed aperture) and I've never loved it. At first because I thought it was soft, but really that was just user error. It is sharp as they come at 2.5 and still has great bokeh (if you don't know what that means its ok). But finally after some serious playing around with it, I've discovered that I don't like it because I don't like just headshots, I like full body/action shots and this lens is too tight for that inside.

So now I'm selling it and its UV filter and its white balance lens cap (love this thing but its the wrong size for the lens I want) and free shipping/insurance inside the continental US for $95. A new one is $125 and the lens cap is another $25 and the filter is another $25, so I hope that $95 seems like a good deal to someone.

Here are some photos I took with it the other day, nothing "special" but shows the sharpness of the lens well.100% crop of eyes
So if you know anyone looking for a good starter "portrait" lens for a Nikon camera, pass on my info (friends and family only)!

No comments:

Post a Comment